1:05 AM

Okinawan wildlife!!


I now have fascination with the bats here, they look like flying cats, they are the largest ones I have ever seen!!! Right now I guess their favorite food is in bloom on the trees that are all over by our house and they have been filling the trees at night, while Ken and I were out on a walk last night watching the Taiko drummers we came upon several and I had to take their pictures!!

Last night I was really excited about the pics I could get of them and I really wanted to get one of them flying so everyone could see just how wide their wingspan (do bats have a wingspan?? I will have to look that up now!!) anyhow,  a couple of them took off and buzzed Ken's head and that was as close as I wanted to get to one so I moved away really quickly and didn't get a shot of them flying!!! Ken laughed at me, but that is OK, he still loves me and always humors me when I want to take a few more pictures!!
And we only have 1 more week till Mom arrives!!! Woohoo!!

They are kinda cute!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they are kind of creepy!!!

Mama Self said...

UGH! You are tons braver than I am. But how do you think they are cute? No idea on this end... :)

Love you!