Today Ken and I spent the afternoon on Kokusai street, it was Ken's first trip down there and we had a good time!! We love to people watch and that is most definitely the place to do it!!!
And you can always see some interesting things too!
Ken humoring me!!!!
Inside the market.
Our first adventure was trying to figure out the parking lot, they had pop up barricades under your cars, well we got a little nervous that we wouldn't be able to get our car out, because the directions were all in Kanji!!! Well when we decided to move it, we looked over and the barricade had already engaged, so it wasn't going anywhere!!
So we just waited a few minutes and a japanese couple was leaving and we tried to be as discreet as possible looking over her shoulder to see what she did to get their car out!
After watching her we felt confident we too could retrieve our car later, we just had to remember (yellow button, pay door opens, space number for car, bottom yellow button, feed it yen, barricade goes down!!!).
The pictures are of another car, Ken wasn't taking any chances on the barricade going up again for me to take a picture of my own car, and me looking over this nice gentleman's shoulder to take a picture of the machine!!
One of my favorite things here in Okinawa is reading the "Engrish" that is Japanese english!!!
Their signs are priceless and I think by the time we leave here I will have a book of nothing but funny signs!! My favorite for the day has to be Charlie's tacos!!! They are a "regend in Okinawa"!!! And you know a japanese man named Charlie is normal here too!!!

When I read the bus the first time I said how cute here we go, and then I looked again, it is Here GO WE!!!

And this one is just plain true!!!!
Well that about does it for the day, hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial day weekend and let us always remember!!!

2 comments:
Nice signs! I think you could make a coffee table book of the signs and sell them as souvenirs...and make a fortune!
Have a great weekend. Love you.
Anything new going on? ;)
Post a Comment